4.12.2010

Living Without Type 1 - Post 3


Living Without Type 1 - Post 3


I've always liked the farmer's market. The yummy smells in the air, all the things to see and buy, the people to watch.


When I was younger I spent my fair share of Saturdays wandering around the dusty rows of the St. Norbert Farmer's Market. My mom used to sell her handmade crafts there and I would wake up super early so I could go along and help. 


So I was 100% stoked last saturday when Kim invited me along to the Gila Rivers Farmers' Market with her and Kylie and their new friends, Dustin and Leah. A few weeks ago Dustin was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and has just recently started following Kim's food therapy diet. The atmosphere was so awesome as we walked around and shopped for the foods needed for this week's meal plan.


And as usual, I did my part and took a couple million photos.



























I snapped this photo just as Kylie was asking her mom if she could have the homemade brownie that the nice lady gave to her. Of course, it was made with gluten so the answer was no. I can't imagine how hard that is to do. In that moment I caught a glimpse of the challenges that must come with 'living without type 1' and I had a renewed admiration and respect for Kim and everything she is doing!










The little mexican man asked if he could take my photo, so I let him. I'm thinking of hiring him as my assistant!






2 comments:

  1. You are ridiculous and amazing. I could not stop laughing at your last photo. The kids were like "what's wrong mom...what's so funny" I still have laugh tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete